The #1 place to learn is by looking within. Remember, anyone can write a book, so it is important to have discernment for the content we consume. Your own experience will tell you a lot. In addition here’s a list of resources in order to draw inspiration for your own spiritual practice. If you have more, help us add to it!
For trauma healing Read these books (this is a good order to read them in)
1. Codependent No More
2. Adult Children of Emotionally Unavailable Parents
3. The Body Keeps Score
4. Conscious Loving: The Journey to Co-commitment
5. All about Love
- Dreaming wide Awake By David J Brown
- Liminal dreaming – Jennifer Dumpert
- Astral Dynamics: The Complete Book of Out-of-Body Experiences
- Robert Monroe: Journeys Out of the Body: The Classic Work on Out-of-Body Experience
- Lucid Dreaming Gateway to inner self- Robert Waggoner
- Higher self NOW- William & Susan Buhlman
- le_abridged.pdf (lifeblissprograms.org) Living Enlightenment
- Exploring the world of lucid dreaming by Stephen Laberge (free link in folder)
- Field Guide to Lucid Dreaming (Tuccillo, Zeizel & Peisel)
- The Tibetan yogas of dream and sleep
- Art of dreaming- Jill mellick
- Robert Waggoners Lucid Dreaming Magazine The Lucid Dreaming Experience (luciddreamingmagazine.com)
- Cosmic messengers- Elizabeth Peru
- Dream hackers guide to higher consciousness- drew candle
- Mutual Dreaming -Line Lane Magallon
- The Art of Lucid Dreaming, Clare Johnson
- Becoming supernatural -Joe Dispenza
- Power of the subconscious mind Dr Joseph Murphy.
- The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
- “Demystifying the OBE” by Luis Minero
- Secrets of The Soul & Adventures Beyond the Body By William Buhlman
- ” Hacking The Out of Body Experience: Leveraging Science To Induce OBEs” by Robert Peterson
- Reality Transurfing 1: The Space of Variations
- Tibetan book of living and dying
- The Practice of the Six Yogas of Naropa
- Andrew Holecek Dream Yoga
- Why Buddhism is true by Robert Wright
- Give and take
- The Bhagavad Gita
- 101 essays that will change the way you think
- The Power of supplements, advanced lucid dreaming by thomas Yuschak
- Tao te Ching- Lao Tzu
- The 4 Agreements
- The 7 spiritual laws of success
- Who moved my cheese?
- Ask & it is given
- The richest man in Babylon
- Rich Dad Poor Dad
- A wrinkle in time
- The Only Way to Learn Astrology” vol. 1, 2 and 3 March, McEvers
Books About the Science of Dreams
The Committee of Sleep: How Artists, Scientists, and Athletes Use Their Dreams for Creative Problem Solving-And How You Can Too is a compact book full of examples of people who came up with a new idea in a dream. From scientists to filmmakers to writers, these stories inspire to sleep on a problem. Deirdre Barrett, PhD (psychology, Harvard Medical School) tells us how.
When Brains Dream, Understanding the Science and Mystery of Our Dreaming Minds is a science based exploration of how our dreaming minds find new solutions while we sleep.
Psychiatrist Robert Stickgold, PhD (Harvard Medical School) and psychologist Antonio Zadra, PhD (Université de Montreal) give a thorough background of the sleeping brain, plus a new model for dreams from a problem solving perspective.
Working with Dreams and PTSD Nightmares, 14 Approaches for Psychotherapists and Counselors gives an overview of the different ways to work with dreams in therapy. Great for counselors, but also for people who want to learn about the many options.
Sexual Dreams: Why We Have Them, What They Mean by Gayle Delaney, PhD, was published in 1994 but it still a great source of information.
Dream Work in Therapy: Facilitating Exploration, Insight, and Action is a written for therapists and explores the cognitive-experiential model developed by Clara Hill, PhD (psychology, University of Maryland).
Movies & Shows
- Waking Life (amazon video + YouTube) https://youtu.be/W_4Cbyn4iPo
- Dream Corp LLC (hulu)
- The OA (Netflix)
- The Matrix
- Surviving death (Netflix)
- Behind her eyes (netflix)
- The day I died (documentary on ndes)
- Vanilla sky
- Minority report
- Third eye spy (Amazon prime)
- https://www.zee5.com/global/tvshows/details/buddha/0-6-109. (Buddha series)
- Through the Wormhole (Morgan Freeman)
- Astral city (YouTube)
- Synchronic (Netflix )
David lynch movies in this order: Lost highway , Mulhollan drive & Inland empire
- Charlie morley tv documentary (https://youtu.be/fZty0e_jR2g)
- This is an extensive playlist of Neville excerpts that I started to sort by their importance to me: (By William K.) https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlaVPY3lAynXF-VV2RZtksmQz_70IQBwp
- LD binaural beats with affirmations https://youtu.be/lEc_pywzgkk (3 hr) https://youtu.be/hzlL8_SRU7g (8 hr)